Thursday, July 9, 2009

Preparation - Country Roads 1



A short one today (probably). I've been practicing on city streets in Rochester but today I needed to leave town and test the GPS upload from Google Latitude on my phone (it failed - more testing to do apparently). But I do have a story (of course!)


The picture you see above doesn't make any sense until you know what you're looking at. So you're driving along and you "drift" to the side of the road. You get a warning buzz from the indentations under your tires created to let you know that you've "crossed the line". Let me tell you - because you can't see it from the picture, those things are CRATERS! At first I thought "OMG" and then immediately, 'interesting!". Then I purposely but carefully drove over a set of these and I thought "hmmm. Foot massage!" That would be good because I've noticed that my feet fall asleep after an hour or so - they really do!


I tried it. First one foot (strange feeling but I would imagine a foot massage would be strange the first time too!) and then the other foot / tire. OK. Except - HEY! What's this?!


Apparently, the Segway is a very sensitive machine. It was trying to figure out what this "washboard" experience was - first on one tire and then the other. Apparently, after just a few seconds, it came to the conclusion that the machine was broken. SO IT QUIT!!!


Ultimately a relatively feeble warning was recognized and successful. There was no "incident"! (again nothing for YouTube!) Lessons for today: Forget about the foot massage and don't drive on the craters!


See ya' later!



1 comment:

  1. This is so fun Mike, really enjoying your posts!! BTW, "Granny" is slightly lame (she did do the MAIN thing $$$) - 50 votes for "Mylz For Smylz" please. Make it happen (in your spare time of course).
    Prayers ~ L

    ReplyDelete