Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Stories


The weekend was nice!


It was supposed to rain - but it didn't! (I'm a little bit scared of rain now - for SOME reason!) Anyway, my brother decided to ride with me on Saturday. I've NEVER had the experience of a riding WITH someone before and it was really cool! I do have to remember that he can't read my mind though. It's different making sure somebody knows where I'm going - - - BEFORE I go there! No accidents though.


Speaking of accidents - I'm wondering if you have no-texting-while-driving-laws in your state. Minnesota has them. Apparently, I need a no-texting-while-walking-down-the-stairs law too. Somebody was looking out for me because I did NOT break my ankle! Whew! (hand wiping brow gesture). Healing nicely!


Last week I stopped out to load some items in the RV. Haven't been there for nearly 2 months. The 30 foot box wouldn't start. Turns out I need 3 new batteries. OK. Installed on Friday. While waiting for my brother on Saturday, I went out to drop off a few more things. Turned the key. Nothing. Left an email for Duane and he apparently went out there on Sunday! This guy (BuyRV - SellRV in Oronoco, MN --- see the sponsor page) is the BEST! He responded by telling me that he turned on the batteries and everything was fine. You have to turn ON the batteries? What?!? I'm not a "camper" - I have this feeling that it's going to be a LONG learning curve. Good news? I am SO fortunate to be working with Duane who seems to have unlimited patience! THANKS!


Picture: This is my brother Bill. He's riding on the equivalent of a Segway tightrope. This is a narrow strip of concrete 12" above and adjacent to a 45 mph road on a bridge over a river. I say "narrow" because the wheels of the Segway barely fit! Even with tree branches hanging over the "rope", he made it just fine! He's completely "Certified" now! (you can decide for yourself if the word should be "certified" or perhaps a more appropriate"certifiable")

No comments:

Post a Comment