Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day Three








*** left

I love windmills! They are so graceful - I think I could look at them every day.


* * * right











This was our first venture into the "country". This road was a bit challenging. Talk about rolling hills! Steep climbs and matching descents and the Segway was fighting me all the way. Add curves at every step (step? on a Segway? - you get the idea) and it certainly kept me on my toes! It was on this road that a tractor cut out in front of me. . . and I couldn't keep up with his "slow moving vehicle" sign :-)






*** Right

Yea, more windmills - I didn't upload all of them!












*** Left

Route 66. Really? Very cool.








Well, Day 3 was supposed to be a little shorter than the last couple at only about 70 miles. But, it was the first day we went "off the beaten path", if you will. I need to bring the camera from now on. I have discovered that I need to consciously open up to the surroundings. I have been busy trying to get through the day instead of letting the day get through to me! These are places that you probably wouldn't see unless you were lost. I don't want to miss these opportunities. It's also pretty cool that while I search for these treasures, the time goes faster and creates a much more enjoyable journey. I even forget that my feet are sore - for a few minutes anyway!


We live in a beautiful world. And the homeless kids? They don't get to see much more than alleys and dumpsters. Let's change that - ok?


Chris made a great connection today so you need to check out http://www.nbc15.com/ for our latest television coverage!


Tomorrow is a long one - might be a day or two before I write. Then again, I didn't think I was going to do this tonight either!

2 comments:

  1. maybe you should try getting one of those "slow moving vehicle" signs to wear on your back! ;-) Maybe they could even make an "extra slow moving vehicle" - maybe with a turtle sign on it! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. and here's (maybe) a better link to the interview

    http://www.nbc15.com/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4016132&flvUri=

    ReplyDelete